Re: Sendmail, multithreading

In article <[🔎] 06E2E60FB9C6EF409EFE472A8F4A82EB0144688A@coso.staff.vuw.ac.nz>,
Steven Jones <Steven.Jones@vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
>Anybody have knowledge of running Sendmail on Xeon's? (Dell 2850)
>
>On advice of Sophos I turned on multithreading for the anti-spam engine,
>this took the number of processes from 29 to 6....so it seems way more
>efficient.

Well under Linux, threads and processes are mostly equal.

>The sendmail processes are still 30~60 however. I am just wondering if
>sendmail has a similar tweak.....

There's probably not much different between 6 processes with
5 threads each or 30 processes, if they do the same work. It's
just that "ps" shows a few less processes.

That being said, AFAIK sendmail is not multithreaded. It wouldn't
be very useful anyway.

Mike.