Re: kernel upgrade goof

With my experiances what you did is ok. I dont think that it matters what sources you got the kernel from. Now i might be wrong seeing how im kinds of new to debian but Im pretty sure its just like downloading your own kernel and installing it. So dont worry to much and also wait for other replies =)

James Scott wrote:

I recently installed some software on my Debian server that required
me to add the unstable packages to my apt sources.list file, and then
I forgot to remove it.  Later I decided to upgrade my kernel-image,
and ended up going to 2.6.10-1.  Now that I have removed the unstable
sources, I see that 2.6.10 is no longer an option.  Did I just update
to the unstable version of the kernel?  If so, have I goofed up big
time? (I am running this on a server.)  Finally, can I go back to an
earlier version of the kernel, and if so, do I need to?

Thanks.
J.Scott