Sarge install thoughts...

I installed Sarge on a second hard drive in a desktop machine (running
Windows XP) last night and I must say I was quite impressed by the ease
of the inital instalation.

A couple of thoughts ans questions though. For a desktop machine is the
three partitions recommended by the guided option of /, /swap and /home
enough...?

Before the insall I switch the cables on the two hard drives to make the
one Debian was to be installed on the primary. When selecting Windows XP
from the Grub menu it fails with an invalid interupt or some such (it
was late I didn't write the exact code down).

I also managed to get Aptitude into a state where it wouldn't respond
to any keyboard input. I was looking at some information about a
package but I couldn't seem to get back to the package list and in the
end I had to reboot the machine.

Practice makes perfect they say, so a bit of reading today and then
another couple of goes over the weekend and I'm hopeful I'll have a
running dual boot system by next week. Over all though, it was less
painful than I thought it was going to be.

Cheers,

--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com                   http://www.bobarnott.com/
"Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that,