Re: Sarge install thoughts...

Bob wrote:

For a desktop machine is the
three partitions recommended by the guided option of /, /swap and /home
enough...?

Personally I'd say that was one too many. There's not much to suggest a seperate /home partition is necessary for a desktop machine.

I also managed to get Aptitude into a state where it wouldn't respond
to any keyboard input. I was looking at some information about a
package but I couldn't seem to get back to the package list and in the
end I had to reboot the machine.

Yeah its a sort-of pseudo-aptitude. You can spawn new package lists via the F10 menu, bit it's not ideal.