Help installing debian on Intel D915PBL/WD Raptor

*No partionable drives (D915PBL, WD Raptor SATA)*
Short description: When attempting to install Debian (was marked as 'Nov 18 2004'), I get an error stating that there are no partionable media or some such.

System:

Intel D915PBL
Pentium 4 3.4GHz
Hard drive: Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10000RPM

Long description:
I am mainly looking for an iso which will install debian on system above. I don't have an existing Linux distro installed here, so I will not be able compile anything without using a Knnoppix boot on my Win2k machine.

I had tried the older debian netinst from linuxiso.org and that will hang after outputing the line "ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6" which I am told is because the default kernel (2.2.something) is too old and lacks any SATA support.

My most recent attempt was using the 20041118 image which successfully starts booting, and begins the network installer. However after it gets to the point where you would partion a HDD, it red screen of deaths complaining there isn't one. The BIOS sees the drive on SATA 0. I've tried moving it to SATA 1, no luck. Both PATA are tied up with a CDRW and DVDRW respectively. If I absolutely have to, I can put an old PATA HDD in, removing the CDRW. But I'd rather not have to go that route if at all possible.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.