Re: glibc_2.2.3 for Debian

Ben Jafari wrote:
Thanks Roberto.

Actually, I am running Potato. Is there any way I can get around this or
do I have to upgrade to Woody?

Ben.

Here are your options:

1. install a new libc in an alternate location (e.g., /opt/lib)
and set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and other necessary envorinment
variables prior to compilation.  [Assessment: this can be
complicated; the toolchain in Potato may not support compiling
a more recent libc; you become responsible for security support]

2. set up a Woody chroot on your machine.  [Assessment: this is
not too difficult as there are automated tools to help you do
this; security support exists for Woody]

3. upgrade to Woody.  [Assessment: this is the riskiest one;
if your system Just Works(TM) and you fear breaking it, this
may be more than what you want]

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez