Re: fetchmail problem

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 07:36:30PM -0600, Eduard Breuer wrote:
> Here are few things that got me maybe little further please read bellow
> with my comments and help if you can.
> thanx
>
> I changes the .fetchmailrc file by recomendations from you guys and it
> seems that it got me little further, but got into new error messages.
>
> poll austrialpinusa.com
> user "pedro@austrialpinusa.com" there is pedro here

This doesn't look good here.  Your user name on the remote machine is
"pedro" not "pedro@austrialpinusa.com".  Some webmail interfaces may require
you to log in using your full email address, but I'd try removing the
"@austrialpinusa.com" part of the user name above and retry.  See below ...

> I put the whole email address, I remembered that I did it on webmail I

[snip]

> pedro@sajo:~$ cat fetchmail.log
> fetchmail: starting fetchmail 5.9.11 daemon
> fetchmail: 4 messages for pedro@austrialpinusa.com at austrialpinusa.com.
> fetchmail: reading message pedro@austrialpinusa.com@austrialpinusa.com:1

It's surprising that you even got the "4 messages for pedro@austrial ..."
I tried changing my .fetchmailrc file to include the domainname as part of
the user value.  It didn't work for me, though the errors were different
from what your log in showing.  Still the fact that it is reporting messages
for user pedro@austrialpinusa.com at austrialpinusa.com, rather than for
user pedro seems worrisome.  Also, the "reading message" line should say
something like "reading message 1 of 4" rather than giving that mutant
email address.

HTH,

GC