cdrecord and 2.6 kernel

Hi,

Presumably cdrecord with setuid doesn't work on 2.6 kernels.

But on my system I have noticed the following.

If I login through the graphical(kdm) interface and start a gnome-terminal or even xterm. cdrecord works ok!.

But

  If I press */<ctrl><alt>F1/ *and login and then try to use cdrecord,
it fails...  So I started X on display no. 1 by using */'startx -- :1/*' and
then tried cdrecord. Still it fails... If I set the suid bit off for *//usr/bin/cdrecord*, /*it works but I get a warning about buffer under runs..
(Self compiled kernel 2.6.10,  Debian testing)

Also on another machine (Intel 815,P3,128MB,Debian testing,self compiled 2.6.10 Kernel)I have the following problem: Kdm works ok and displays the graphical screen. I go to a virtual terminal by typing /*<ctrl><alt>F1 */and login. On the terminal I try to start X by /*startx -- :1. */How ever X does not start-up error being displayed is
xf86AcquireGART: AGPIOC_ACQUIRE failed (Device or resource busy)
(EE) GARTInit: AGPIOC_INFO failed (Invalid argument)
(EE) I810(0): AGP GART support is not available.  Make sure your kernel has
       agpgart support or that the agpgart kernel module is loaded.

Thanks
Mathew