[Fwd: Re: installation]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: installation
Date: 	Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:30:11 +0100
From: 	steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl>
To: 	debian-user@lists.debian.org

rik fonteijn wrote:

thanks all, i've made the installation, but can someone tell me how to install the graphic shell, and how to get my root password back, wich ive lost
greeting rik

(dutch)

hi rik,

how exactly did you install? did not follow the thread. from a cd or a netinsto with the debian installerr rc2??
if you have missed somehow tasksel, which offers you to install Xwindows,

than do as root:

<apt-get install xserver-xfree86> and <apt-get install x-window-system> and follow the signs/questions on screen. than choose for xdm p.e. or do as root/user startx. now you must see something else than a black screen

and for your passwd: google anne bezemer's story in dutch about debian (potato)
it is somewhat older but still consists of valuable information

groeten,

steef

groningen, holland