Re: sendmail works only for localhost

hi ya chavdar

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Chavdar Videff wrote:

> For the slackware installation all I needed was
> edit /etc/mail/access, /etc/mail/local-host-names, /etc/relay-domains and
> then enablke pop3 in inetd.conf.

the submit.conf is probably wrong, use the latest one from sendmail.org

what is the contents of the files ??

some example sendmail config files:

	http://linux-sec.net/Mail/etc.mail

in the past, sendmail*.deb was broken ..

	- you should get a fresh virgin copy from sendmail.org
	and it should start working again with the same files
	that worked on slackware ( after compiling and installing )

if email was working before, it should still work, in that the firewall
is not preventing it

	inside#  telnet  mail.somebody.outside.com 25

	outside#  telnet mail.mr-bricolage.bg 25

c ya
alvin