Re: running qmail and vmailmgr under debian

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 05:30:01PM +0700, David Garamond wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Two questions for qmail users:
>
> 1) How do you run qmail on Debian (Sarge)? Do you use daemontools
> (supervise and friends)? Do you use the "/service" way?

There's a qmail-src package.  Install that and run build-qmail, which
will download the qmail source, compile it, make a deb and optionally
install that.  It doesn't use /service because it doesn't run under
daemontools.  It uses the standard debian start-stop-daemon.

There may have been dependency issues when installing the qmail deb, as
it likely had files that conflicted with exim.  Sorry, I don't remember
those details.

Works fine, but beware of asking questions on the qmail lists if you go
this way.  They won't be very kind to you if they find out you haven't
installed qmail the djb approved way.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says: