Re: copy DVD

Rogério Brito wrote:
On Feb 08 2005, Allen Fensome wrote:

3. mkisofs -dvd-video -v -o /my/new/dvd.iso /my/rip/directory

Aha!

Thank you very much for taking the -dvd-video option of mkisofs to my
attention. Perhaps it was the missing piece to explain why my previous
attempt to generate a DVD from VOB files didn't work right out of the box.

You can also test your dvd directory setup by playing the DVD video from your HDD with xine:

$> xine dvd:/home/username/path/to/VIDEO_TS/

If it works OK, then your directory structure is fine. You just need to write it using --dvd-compat option to the dvdrom. Also, man growisofs and man mkisofs would be helpful.

Regards,
/KS