Re: copy DVD

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 17:47, James Griffith wrote:
> I have looked at copying DVD's on Google and haven't found much on how to
> copy them in Linux, I know about ripping and encoding them in windows, but
> I want to do both in Linux. Any how-tos or any advice would be appreciated
> greatly.
>
> James

this works for me...

1. dvdbackup -M -i /dev/dvd -o /your/directory
2. run dvdshrink under wine to shrink dvd9 to dvd5 (if too large otherwise)
3. mkisofs -dvd-video -v -o /my/new/dvd.iso /my/rip/directory
4. burn the iso image using k3b or whatever else you like

certain versions of dvdshrink work better with wine than others. I'm still
using 3.0 Beta5 which is now fairly old. But it works.

Allen.