Re: artsd does not suspend, /dev/dsp busy

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 0500, somebody named B S Srinidhi inscribed
> On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 04:51 -0500, [KS] wrote:
> > Can someone help fix this? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > I am using KDE 3.3.2-1 on my Debian Sid box.
>
> I'm not sure of this, but might be helpful.
>
> Try disabling all notifications in KDE apps. Apps like Konsole, have
> notifications enabled. Just disable them and 'artsd' will not start.

Easier than that - go into kcontrol and click on 'Sound & Multimedia', then
'Sound System' and uncheck the 'Enable the sound sytem' checkbox.  artsd
will still run if an app needs it (like kscd or something), but otherwise
it won't.  You can also change the auto-suspend time down to a couple
seconds instead of 60.  (Enable the sound system, change, and then disable
again.)

NRH
--
We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking.  - Mark Twain