Re: 64 bit

On (08/02/05 15:11), Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2005, Rodney Richison wrote:
> > Money isn't the issue as much as to be "prepared" for the future, as I
> > will likely have this board for a coupla years..
I took the same view when buying this laptop (64bit).

Having installed sarge (32bit) just in case, I went on to install the amd64
system and have never been back to the 32bit system.  Within the 64bit
system you need a 32 bit chroot to run open office but there are very
good docs on how to do this.

https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id220463

64bit is quick and seemingly as stable as running sid on my G4
previously.

No regrets ;)

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...