Re: CUPS Broke on Recent Update(s)

Kenneth Jacker(khj@be.cs.appstate.edu) is reported to have said:
> I'm running a current sarge/testing system with cupsys-1.1.23-3.  I'm
> not sure exactly what "broke" CUPS, but I am no longer able to print.
> The printer "busy light" blinks once, and nothing comes out.  This is
> happening on more than one printer so I don't think its a h/w problem.
>
> I enabled "debug" mode in /etc/cupsd.conf for additional info and see
                           /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
> the following when attempting to print a CUPS "test page":
>
>   E [07/Feb/2005:15:19:49 -0500] PID 3724 stopped with status 3!
>
> I can post more of the log contents if necessary, but am wondering it
> other are having similar problems ... and maybe a solution!

I upgraded to cupsys-1.1.23-3 yesterday as well.  I can print (lp
-dHP) from the console without problems and from Mozilla Navigator.
Mozilla Firefox crashes when trying to print and there are no errors
shown in the logs.

I did find that xprt, along with xprt-common & xrt-xprintorg were all
installed.  I deleted xprt (which is buggy anyway and I don't recall
installing it), but the firefox problem remains using either the xprt
or postscript selections.

Going to localhost:631 and printing a test page, does work in firefox
so it is not the same problem from yours.

Debian testing/unstable system 2.6.10 kernel.

Wish I could 'really' help but....

Wayne
--
I wish life had a scroll back buffer.