Re: 64 bit

On Tuesday February 8 2005 17:06, Rodney Richison wrote:
> Ok, my personal machine, the MB died.  Sooooo, should I do a 64bit board
> as a replacement or wait?

A friend of mine has some very interesting issues with gcc on an AMD64 machine
(infinite loops, internal compiler errors), so I doubt it'd be the wisest
thing to do right now. Motherboards are not the most expensive thing on
earth, so you'd probably be better off with a replacement board. Of course,
you could run the thing in 32bit mode, but that'd be some kind of waste.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de