Re: Problemi con Webcam

This is what he meant (although my italian is quite limited):

giaro.lg@vodafone.it schrieb:

| Salve!

Hi

| Sono un nuovo utente Linux  e non essendo molto esperto di questo SO,
ho trovato qualche difficoltà nell'installazione di una Creative Webcam
Plus USB.

I'm new to linux and not having a lot of experience with this operating
system I have trouble with the installation of a Creative Webcam Plus USB.

| Tramite apt ho fatto in modo che Debian riconoscesse il nuovo hardware
in auotmatico. Questi sono i moduli che sono caricati quando la webcam è
collegata:

I have used apt in a way that Debian should recognize the new hardware
automatically (?). These are the modules which are loaded, when the
webcam is connected:

| Module                  Size  Used by
| ov511                  87740  0
| videodev               10016  1 ov511
| nls_iso8859_1           4032  1
| nls_cp437               5696  1
| vfat                   14656  1
| fat                    46784  1 vfat
| isofs                  37240  0
| udf                    93956  0
| usb_storage            69152  1
| nfs                   193984  0
| lockd                  63944  1 nfs
| sunrpc                153124  2 nfs,lockd
| i830                   78820  2
| ipv6                  264612  8
| autofs4                19780  1
| eepro100               30700  0
| snd_intel8x0           36460  0
| snd_ac97_codec         70020  1 snd_intel8x0
| snd_pcm                98728  1 snd_intel8x0
| snd_timer              25668  1 snd_pcm
| snd_page_alloc         11752  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
| gameport                4704  1 snd_intel8x0
| snd_mpu401_uart         7968  1 snd_intel8x0
| snd_rawmidi            25156  1 snd_mpu401_uart
| snd_seq_device          8200  1 snd_rawmidi
| snd                    57156  7
snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
| pci_hotplug            34640  0
| intel_agp              22816  1
| agpgart                34696  3 intel_agp
| mousedev               10476  2
| tsdev                   7392  0
| psmouse                20360  0
| rtc                    12760  0
| pcspkr                  3592  0
| floppy                 61200  0
| parport_pc             36900  0
| parport                41832  1 parport_pc
| evdev                   9600  0
| ehci_hcd               32004  0
| uhci_hcd               33136  0
| usbcore               119012  6 ov511,usb_storage,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd
| i810_audio             37588  1
| ac97_codec             18956  1 i810_audio
| soundcore              10336  3 snd,i810_audio
| e100                   32608  0
| mii                     5120  2 eepro100,e100
| capability              4520  0
| commoncap               7232  1 capability
| ide_cd                 42656  0
| cdrom                  40732  1 ide_cd
| ext3                  127240  1
| jbd                    62616  1 ext3
| mbcache                 9348  1 ext3
| ide_generic             1408  0
| ide_disk               19296  3
| piix                   13440  1
| ide_core              139908  5
usb_storage,ide_cd,ide_generic,ide_disk,piix
| sd_mod                 21696  1
| ata_piix                8164  0
| libata                 41700  1 ata_piix
| scsi_mod              125196  3 usb_storage,sd_mod,libata
| unix                   28692  416
| font                    8320  0
| vesafb                  6656  0
| cfbcopyarea             3840  1 vesafb
| cfbimgblt               3040  1 vesafb
| cfbfillrect             3776  1 vesafb
|
| I driver ci sono, i moduli  sono caricati, ma quando tento di usarla
con programmi come xawtv ottengo il seguente messaggio di errore:

The drivers are there, the modules are loaded, but when I try to use a
program like xawtv I get following error message:

| This is xawtv-3.94, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.8-1-686)
| can't open /dev/video0: Function not implemented
| v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
| v4l2: open /dev/video0: Funzione non implementata
| v4l2: open /dev/video0: Funzione non implementata
| v4l: open /dev/video0: Funzione non implementata
| no video grabber device available
|
| Mi potete dire qual è il problema e come posso risolverlo?

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how I might solve it?

My answer:

Well does /dev/video0 exist? Did you follow the instructions on this site?

http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/install.html

Regards

Marcel