Debian Rescue Floppy

  I cannot answer all those who wrote to me due to
time constraints, therefore a sum-up bellow.

  The lessons that I learned from "Debian Rescue
Floppy" posts:

  * Make a boot floppy!
"mkboot" gave me two choices--(B) and (V). "V" did not
work for me at all, but "B" does so wonderfully! None
of the vital, or indeed any actions, as I can tell,
were affected. Had I had one before my ordeal that
started with the kernel update!

  * The "boot" and "root" floppies from the Debian
Installer did nothing for me when I tried to use them
for getting into my HD (did not seem to see it, unless
the old root files are on /dev/ide/*), but the Woody
Installer boot ("rescue") floppy was great--I could
get inside my system, and could do a lot of things.
  However - there were difficulties with the kernel
being different (a much older version) than the one on
my system; I could not get online, and I could not get
the "X".

  * I need to do more extensive searches online--your
"fishes" were delicious, but I can learn to "fish"
better, I hope--learning hurts tho'!).

  * Also - mustn't forget to praise the Debian
Netinstall AI, as I had to reinstall, after all,
because I could not get online (which would have been
different had I had the same kernel on the "rescue"
floppy as it is with one gets with "mkboot", but not
before the good people at a NBLUG "install fest"
helped me to salvage some of my vital files)--I took a
nap, and when I woke up, the thing was making me a cup
of tea! Unbelievable!

  Thank you all people!
  And I won't be starting a new list, because I don't
have much spare time. What with reading all the fine
manuals, and figuring out configuring!
   Sincerely - Mr. Jan Hearthstone.

=====
If we,the people, were sincere about wanting Peace, then we would spend more on active creation of Peace than what we spend on the military.
Legalize the Right to Sleep! http://www.modelearth.org/sleepright.html
http://www.MODELEARTH.org