Re: "Local" apt-get?

   On Monday 07 February 2005 18:22, kynn@panix.com wrote:
   > Is there any way to coax apt-get to install packages in $HOME?

   I think it doesn't take much thought to reaslise that would be a no
   no from a security angle.  Or if not, then much would be broken.

I don't understand.  What is inherently insecure about a hypothetical
version of apt-get that would allow for installs in $HOME?  After all,
apt-get would be doing something that I already do "manually".

P.S. Thanks for the user-mode-linux tip, and thanks to Jason for his
suggestions too.