Really fast clock

My system has gone nuts, running incredibly fast.

I haven't done enough testing yet to figure out if it's always
happening, or only happening when the system is asleep.

My clock was working fine, and unfortunately several things changed at
once.

1) Upgraded from Sarge to Unstable (is that Sid?)
2) Switched from KDE to Gnome
3) Upgraded kernel from 2.6.8 to 2.6.10

I can isolate out 2 & 3 later tonight to see if they make any
difference, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone here might
know what was going on or at least where to look.

When I say way fast, I rebooted, reset the clock in the BIOS, logged in.
It was correct. I put the system into standby (suspend to RAM), and it
came back up maybe 8-10 hours later, and was about 12 hours fast.

Earlier in the week I wasn't paying any attention, and when I did look,
about 4 days later, it was about 6 days fast.