Re: eth0: woes

Hey thanks for the quick responses.

/sbin/depmod -a gives a whole load statements like this: *** Unresolved
symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.27-1-386/kernel/net/{lots of different stuff
here}

/sbin/modprobe 8139too  gives me 3 insmod failed errors. For
__netdev_watchdog_up_R7d3cbbe7,  mii.o and 8139too.

The nic does, however, still seem to be listed in  /proc/iomem

Further suggestions?  Should I assume that there is a problem with the kernel
modules supporting the nic?