Re: Debian List for Idiot Debian Users - seriously.

On Saturday 05 February 2005 12:25 pm, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>
> > Yes, I'm getting overloaded by this list too.  But, I've learned a
> > couple great tips here, so have no plans to unsubscribe (yet).
>
> As a long time d-u subscriber, I can offer these basic tips for
dealing
> with d-u.
>
> Filter all d-u mail into it's own folder with whatever tool you like.

A good procmail rule for sorting pretty much every mailing list I've
ever come across, automagically creating new boxes for new lists:

#  by the current ruleset.)  Comments appear where I can remember
#  them.

#  Used by the perl6-all list to break out into seperate mailboxes
:0:
* ^Sender: owner-\/[^@]+
lists/`echo $MATCH | sed -e 's/[\/]/_/g'`

:0:
lists/`echo $MATCH | sed -e 's/[\/]/_/g'`

:0:
lists/`echo $MATCH | sed -e 's/[\/]/_/g'`

:0:
lists/`echo $MATCH | sed -e 's/[\/]/_/g'`

:0:
lists/`echo $MATCH | sed -e 's/[\/]/_/g'`

:0:
lists/`echo $MATCH | sed -e 's/[\/]/_/g'`

:0:
lists/`echo $MATCH | sed -e 's/[\/]/_/g'`

> Sort by subject/thread in your favorite mail client.

Sort by thread, sorting by subject is kind of a wash on d-u.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca