Re: debian 'gentoo-like'

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 15:58 -0800, Manu wrote:
> I was reading the documentation on how to build source
> package on debian.. is there an automated way so that
> I can directly get the source and rebuild
> automatically the source package?
The closest thing Debian has to Gentoo's emerge is apt-build although I
found it to be a little buggy myself but it's worth a look (could be
very cool in the future).

> Also, is there any gain in performance ? has anyone
> notice any differences?
As an ex-gentoo user I would say that performance gains are small to non
existant and not worth the time it takes to compile large packages but I
haven't done any tests to back this up, YMMV.

--
Nicholas Lativy
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lativy