Re: Setting up sound - alsa config

--- Punit Ahluwalia <punit_a@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I had looked up but did not find any clue which
> would help me. I guess I should ask
> specific questions:
>
> 1. Should I build the support for sound card in the
> kernel or should I load it as a
> module?
It does not make any diference yoo can compile it as a
module or within the kernel.
> 2. Do I need to enable OSS in the kernel? I am
> running 2.6.7.
I am not sure if you needed but if you compile your
kernel with oss then you must install alsa-oss
> 3. Will alsaconf do the job or some other step needs
> to be taken besides loading support
> for the sound card in the kernel? If yes, what are
> those?

You can configure your kernel to use the correct
module with apt-get install modconf
and run
#modconf

Hope this help.

Regards.

=====
--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)