Owner of CUPS config files

I just upgraded my CUPS server from woody to sarge (as part of an
overall upgrade).  When comparing /etc/cups/cupsd.conf with *.dpkg-dist,
I noticed the change from default group sys to lpadmin (for the daemon's
gid; administrative access already used lpadmin as default).  I then
looked at the owners of files in /etc/cups and found several different
settings:  root:root, root:sys, and lp:sys.

Must some of these be changed from group sys to group lpadmin to allow
them to be modified by the CUPS web configuration?  Should all/most of
these files be changed to lp:lpadmin?  Is it a bug that I should file
against cupsys that it doesn't have proper ownership of config files?
Even the _new_ cupsd.conf.dpkg-dist has owner lp:sys, not lp:lpadmin.  I
have not tried a new install of cupsys to see what it does for this.

...Marvin

(I am not subscribed, but mail-followup-to is set; please respect it.)