Re: Anjuta C++ Project problems

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:40:54 +0000
TreeBoy <debian-user@petethetree.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sunday 30 Jan 2005 13:53, Micha Feigin wrote:
> >
> > Looks like you are not linking against the needed libraries. The errors
> > now are about undefined symbols in the objects (link time), not at compile
> > time.
> >
> > I'm just guessing here as I don't work with gnome or glade, but from
> > glade's dependencies and the unresolved names you probably need to add
> > -Lglib-2.0 -Lgtk-x11-2.0
> >

> Thanks for the tips.
>
> I've now added gtkmm-2.0 and gnomeuimm-2.0 which gets rid of most the symbols
> problems but I cannot find out which library contains
> "Gnome::Bonobo::wrap_init()"

That would probably be one of the libbonobo libraries. I think that its
libbonobommui or something similar.

> Is there a tool that I can use on my machine that will show me which library
> contains such a thing, or is there a website ?

There's nm (-D options looks nice for libraries) and objdump that can give you
quite a lot of info. grep will catch the symbols most of the time. You could
also grep the headers and find the package from which they came (dpkg -S) and
match the library that way.

Also look for a good language reference, they should include the matching
libraries and headers.