Re: sata drives

Sarunas Burdulis wrote:
duke_p@saunalahti.fi wrote:

I am trying t o install debian testing to my new laptop, which has sata haddrives, and I miserably fail when partitioning.. Installer notifies that 'no partionable media found'

I tried to boot with:
linux26

Any how I manage to boot with knoppix3.7 live cd just fine and the harddrives are mounted there, so some how this is doable..

Can you partition your disk while in Knoppix? If so, check the list of modules that Knoppix3.7 loads (lsmod). Also check the running kernel config, which may be available as /proc/config.gz.

I was able to do that, the mods were in the parent of this thread.. I was busy to get this machine up and running and I managed to get things rolling with Gentoo liveCD and I am now setting this machine up with it.. The issue was propably related to modules ata_piix and ide_scsi.

Thanks any way all who took part.
PETE