Re: RAID 1 : DEBIAN (WOODY) b2.4 - compatible Parallel ATA disk / compatible hardware RAID 1 controller

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, jim biri wrote:

> Yup, bang on - I'm looking for two possible solutions:
> - Hardware that I can use for software RAID 1 that is known to be
> compatibe with DEBIAN

sofware raid 1 is 100% guranteed to be compatible with debian
since it's in the kernel  ( whether it's enabled in b2.4 .. i'm clueless )

> - Hardware that enables me to do hardware RAID 1

for hardware raid1
 	- your mb has it built it .. ( if it ever works right )
	- you can get those el-cheapo $25 raid1 controllers that
	  sorta work ( made in far east some place )

	- you can get those $100 - $200 raid1 hw raid controllers
	( 3ware )

	- you an get $10K or $20K hw raid controller (excluding the disks)

	- other hw raid controllers
		http://1U-Raid5.net/HW

c ya
alvin