Re: RAID 1 : DEBIAN (WOODY) b2.4 - compatible Parallel ATA disk / compatible hardware RAID 1 controller

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 10:23 +0000, jim biri wrote:
> Hi,
> OK, so I'll try a slightly different post ..... someone must be able
> to help me somehow ....
>

> I'm looking for the following:
> --- UK-based DEBIAN (WOODY) b2.4 compatible Parallel ATA disk
> controller - for use with software RAID 1? So have two IDE drives each
> on separate disk controller - hence looking for tried and tested
> second disk controller.
>
> --- UK-based DEBIAN (WOODY) b2.4 compatible hardware RAID 1 controller?

Saw your 1st post.  This one is as seemingly contradictory as the
first.
- "each on separate disk controller"
- "hardware RAID 1 controller"

Do you want 1 controller, or 2 controllers?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and
cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid
rain."
Pierre Trudeau