Re: sata drives

p_s wrote:
Clive Menzies wrote:

On (29/01/05 23:23), duke_p@saunalahti.fi wrote:

I am trying t o install debian testing to my new laptop, which has sata haddrives, and I miserably fail when partitioning.. Installer notifies that 'no partionable media found'

I tried to boot with:
linux26

Try expert26  IIRC .... It worked for me ;)

Regards

Didn't get far, the list of modules the installer offers here too is all for IDE chipsets.

I googled around and some suggest that turn off the sata from bios, but sadly that's not possible on my bios.

I went through older posts on similar issue, and also there was mentioned that using expert26 should sove the case, but tried statrting that and then tried (after some ones hints..)

# best: will show you everything in easily readable format:
sfdisk -l
# bare bones:
cat /proc/partitions
# check out each possible disk separately:
fdisk -l /dev/hda
fdisk -l /dev/sda  # ... etc.
ls -l /proc/ide
cat /proc/scsi/scsi