Re: NAS on Debian

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 21:55 -0800, Umar Draz wrote:
> hi dear members!!
>
>   i want that my debian machine be a NAS/RAS same
> like. In Microsoft Windows we can do with Remote
> Access Server.
>
>   how i can do that on Linux plz help me

If you want to make a Network Attached Server, then sure it's
easy with Debian.

What kind of machines will you be serving to?  Windows?  If so,
then use the SAMBA package

RAS = NAS over the internet?  If so, SAMBA would still work.  You
will, though, have to use iptables to make a strong and selective
firewall to allow certain IP addresses (or possibly only certain
MAC addresses) in from the outside.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines