Re: APM Not Really Compiled Into Debian Kernel

Thomas Hood wrote:
It is better to have an integral apm driver than a modular one.  If you
build your own kernels then be sure to set CONFIG_APM to y rather than m.

Thanks, Thomas. Yeah, I'm compiling it now, and I set APM to y. I hope the compile works this time; this laptop is so slow. :) My desktop system is still on Windows, and I think compiling a kernel on a different system than the one it's going to be used on is a bit over my head right now. I wonder if I could boot the desktop into a live CD and use clustering to compile it faster...but I imagine getting that set up to work would take longer than waiting for the laptop to compile it. Heh.