APM Not Really Compiled Into Debian Kernel

I've been fiddling with testing on an old laptop, and I've been reading some messages and docs that say that Debian kernels have APM built-in, but that it's not enabled by default.

Well, here's what I just discovered: in 2.6.10-4, it's not compiled-in; it's set up as a module. After `modprobe apm` it worked; adding "apm=on" to the kernel parameters didn't do a thing.

I just thought I'd throw this out there as an FYI for anyone who might be confused like I was someday.