Re: Cannot get resolution just by edit /etc/XF86Config PLS help.

-Hi This is wathavy.
Thak you so much about respondig my call for help.
I feel great on ppl here again.

I will look into the PC coz,as Jim here says,
I set the vidoe chipsets to this "Vesa" and
never doubted that name should represent what I have.

And also to others Paul & Michael & Gene & Hannes
Thank you so much.

Without a help I could have quit so easily,
with these incomprehensive behaviors with Debian sarge.

I will look into it and give some more try.
Thank you again.

Bye
Wathavy.

> Look in XFree86.conf file and see if the Device is
> set to "Vesa" , if so
> , you can't get
> any higher settings, your video chipset is not being
> reconized by debian.
> XFree86 seems like it doesn't reconize a number of
> the newer video chipsets.
> Xorg does a much better job at that.
>
> Jim

Let's Celebrate Together!