Re: What do I lose using a stock rather than a Debian kernel?

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:11:47 +0000
Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:

> As I mentioned earlier, I'm trying to build an OpenMosix cluster on Debian
> stable.  I've noticed that the patches in kernel-patch-openmosix require a
> stock rather than a Debian kernel.
>
> So I'm just wondering what I'll lose by not using a Debian kernel?  In
> particular, will I run into any unpleasant surprises further down the road?

It depends on the kernel version. I think that there is a debian kernel patch
package and you could try patching the debian kernel and see if it works.

Anyway, don't use the debian openmosix packages, they are older then the
dinosaurs. Download the patches from the openmosix site.