Re: Re: garbage on screen when in text mode

Hello, Sam,

card = s3virge

Where do you put your script? I tried running it on the command line, and I get an
*invalid argument* error. Also, do the files in /usr/share/consolefonts/ have to be
unpacked and put somewhere in order to be used? I notice that they are .gz files.

Thanks, Allasso

Sam wrote:

I have a mild form of this problem on my box, I use a script "fixcon" to
fix it:

  consolechars -f default8x16
  consolechars -f default8x9

This might not help in your case.

You have to run it as root, or with sudo.  If you like a different font,
change the second line appropriately, the fonts are listed in
/usr/share/consolefonts/

Sam

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 06:40:19AM -0700, Allasso wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I recently installed X-Windows on a Debian Woody install that was
> working just fine. After installing X, whenever I switch to text mode, I
> get a screen full of garbage characters (characters are scattered and
> misplaced on the screen).

what sort of graphics card do you have?  a friend installed sarge a
couple days ago, and had the same trouble, with a new ati card (I forget
what exactly).