RE: Shutdown during kernel upgrade using aptitude

Well usually upgrading a kernel should *not* be a trivial thing.

In an ideal world, you'd upgrade your kernel only because a given
feature offers a slight performance / security improvement, or such
thing. Prod systems just won't upgrade a kernel for the fun of it.

Given that, if you choose to upgrade your kernel, you should devote all
your attention to it and know exactly what is going on on your system.

-- Jeff