Re: Connecting securely to a Linux machine from a web browser without Java

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:59:57PM +0100, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

I recommend running this remotely, from a web browser. Installs nothing.

> (And unless you have complete control over the Windows machine, be aware
> there is always the possibility that a keylogger or something is
> installed on it.)

One-time passwords are helpful here, as long as you don't type anything you
don't want shared once you're actually in your session. They're also very
convenient, given Palm-based tools for generating them. (Security and
convenience in the same sentence makes me twitchy, but there it is.)

--
    Mason Loring Bliss     mason@blisses.org       They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;     http://blisses.org/     only stand on waves.