Re: Connecting securely to a Linux machine from a web browser without Java

Julian Gilbey wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas on the following?  I'm trying to connect to
> a Linux machine using some secure protocol, but I'm in the situation
> of having to use a Windows machine with no JVM installed.  I'm also
> not in a position to modify the Windows machine in any way (although
> I'll try to get Java installed - but with no guarantee of success),
> but it's my Linux machine, so I can install anything I want to there.

Run PuTTY from a floppy / CD-ROM / USB key?

(And unless you have complete control over the Windows machine, be aware
there is always the possibility that a keylogger or something is
installed on it.)

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544