RE: Connecting securely to a Linux machine from a web browser wit hout Java

-----Original Message-----
From: debian-user-request@lists.debian.org
[mailto:debian-user-request@lists.debian.org] On Behalf Of Julian Gilbey
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:33 AM
To: Debian users list
Subject: Connecting securely to a Linux machine from a web browser without
Java
Hi there!
Does anyone have any ideas on the following?  I'm trying to connect to a
Linux machine using some secure protocol, but I'm in the situation of having
to use a Windows machine with no JVM installed.  I'm also not in a position
to modify the Windows machine in any way (although I'll try to get Java
installed - but with no guarantee of success), but it's my Linux machine, so
I can install anything I want to there.
Any ideas whether this is even possible?
   Julian

Julian,

If you can at least download a file, you could try putty and ssh and login
to a shell.  There's no need to install putty on the Windows machine, just
use the binary executable.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Patrick.