Re: Exim only listening on localhost

In message <3qXU6-k7-15@gated-at.bofh.it>, Nick Miller <nick@pressenter.com> writes
Hi all,

I was wondering why my installation of exim4 is only listening on localhost? When I do an nmap on localhost i can see that port 25 is open and I can send email. But when I reference it by it's eth0 IP address port 25 is closed and I get a connection refused. I am sure one of you has had this issue.

Look in /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf (assuming you agreed to a single configuration file) for:

 dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1'

and add your LAN IP to the quoted value with a colon e.g. '127.0.0.1:1.2.3.4', then run update-exim4.conf as instructed at the top of the file. Alternatively, run dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config and tell it you want local and LAN interfaces at the appropriate point.
--
Joe