Re: routing table problem after power failure (sarge)

One little problem remains: when I enable eth1 in the auto section of /etc/network/interfaces and reboot, I can't do nslookups any more. But the /etc/resolv.conf is still not overwritten.

I think i'll decide to not use eth1, only eth0 (100Mbit). That would be enough for a LAN with 3 windows clients, all 100Mbit.

Corné

> I found the "/etc/resolv.conf" was a link to
> "/etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf" Thus it seemed to be the removal of the
> resolvconf package wasn't very successful, somewhere in the history of
> this box, although nowadays "apt-get remove resolvconf" retuns a 'not
> installed'.

'apt-get remove' does not remove configuration files.

I suggest you file a bug report against resolvconf.  It should fix
/etc/resolv.conf upon removal.
--
John Hasler