Re: CD won't eject in 2.6.10

On 25 Jan 2005, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 12:59 +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > Unlike some posters, I don't have problems writing CDs in 2.6.10 (as
> > root) but I do have an eject problem. Once I mount the disk (in a
> > read-only drive) I can no longer open the drawer manually after
>
> With the button?  How do you open the tray, then?  Reboot?  Or
> use eject(1)?

Yes, with the button. I also tried inserting a probe into the emergency
release but that didn;t work either; I had to reboot.

I didn't have the eject app. installed but I do now, and it does seem to
work so far, rather surprisingly.

> > umounting it.
> >
> > I thought it was a faulty drive and replaced it but the same thing
> > happened. I therefore reverted to kernel 2.6.9 and the problem went
> > away. Anyone else seeing this? I didn't find it on Google.
>
>   $ uname -r
>   2.6.10n
>   $ mount /media/cdrom
>   $ umount /media/cdrom
>   $ eject
>   $
>
> What *exact* command (with switchs, if any) fails?

See above.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic