Re: Getting "shutdown" to shut the power off.

On January 25, 2005 00:09, Andreas Rippl wrote:
> > Problem: shutting down ends with the message "Power down" but I have to
> > cut the power off manually.

I had the same problem on a recent (2 day old testing install 2.4.27-2-686
kernel) and found that I had to manually add "apm" to my /etc/modules file
and edit /etc/default/halt to my preference. Then everything worked as
expected.  I didn't have to add any kernel parameters to grub.

Hope this helps,
Roy

PS
I checked my messages log and didn't have any of the errors you have reported
so maybe its a different problem.