Re: Problem with SMB mounts and Kernel 2.6.x

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 11:08:20AM +0100, Markus Wollny wrote:
> Can nobody reproduce this (see below) or give any advice? Shall I file a
> bug?
[...]
> > fstab:
> > //WINBOX/d$ /var/www/WINBOX smbfs
> > password=xxxx,username=Winuser,workgroup=MYWRKGRP,uid=500,gid=
> > 100,fmask= 666,dmask=777,rw 0 0

This is just a shot in the dark, but have you tried mounting as fstype=cifs
instead of smbfs? My understanding is that the cifs driver is more actively
maintained and the smbfs is kept around mainly for compatability with older
(win 9x) hosts. Note that the mount syntax is slightly different in that the
fmask and dmask options are called file_mode and dir_mode instead, so a
quick man mount.cifs is probably in order.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being
Denver, Colorado USA  | run by smart people who are putting us on or