Re: When sarge goes stable

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 03:39:08PM +0100, Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> A quick question.Having only been in Debian-land for 4 months I haven't
> yet experienced a change in status of a Debian version, unstable --->
> testing; testing ---> stable; etc.
> Since Sarge is due to be released sometime soon, when it goes stable
> will Sid become testing? Will there be a (momentary) gap in the
> "testing" phase? That is, are they in lock-step or independent?

Sid will always be the code name for unstable. In Toy Story Sid was
the kid who used to break all the toys. I am not completely sure if
there will immediately be a new testing release once Sarge becomes
stable. The name for the future testing release is already known:
Etch.

Some info and links can be found at http://www.debian.org/releases/

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill