Re: Getting "shutdown" to shut the power off.

Try disabling all the options in APM submenu in kernel configuration. This works for me with 2.6.9 kernel and worked also with others before.

Adam Funk wrote:

Hardware: ASRock K7S8X motherboard, Athlon 1100 processor.
Kernels: all the ones I've tried on this machine.

Problem: shutting down ends with the message "Power down" but I have to
cut the power off manually.

I've tried booting with "apc=on" and "apm=power-off" kernel options, but
they didn't help.  I find this message recurring in /var/log/messages:
Jan 23 18:24:04 garcia kernel: apm: BIOS not found.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.