Re: partitioned drive in linux. Windows gives me a phantom drive letter

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 22:09 -0500, Spongebob wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 19:03 -0500, Spongebob wrote:
> >> This is really bizzare.
> >>
> >> First drive, hda
> >> 1       ext2 (1G)
[snip]

> >> Does anyone have any idea what this is about?
> >
> > In Win2k, there is
> >   "Control Panel"->"Administrative Tools"->"Computer Management"
> >
> > That presents a hierarchy, one of the choices of which is
> >    Storage->"Disk Management"
> >
> > That is the "modern" equivalent of the old DOS FDISK.  It, or where
> > ever it's hidden in your version of Windows, should help.
>
> I'm using Win98.
> If I have that, what will it do for me?

It will give you important information which will help to guide
you and/or us towards the answer.

>                                 Will it tell me what's wrong, or
> let me hide that disk, or something?

Not ever having used Win98, I can't say.  You'll have to do some
exploring yourself in the Control Panel.  Maybe FDISK still exists
on your box.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"As the night fall does not come at once, neither does
oppression. It is in such twilight that we must all be aware of
change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting
victims of the darkness."
Justice William O. Douglas