Re: dvips and computer modern fonts

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:50:11 +0100, Stephan Otto wrote:

> When I use latex with default (computer modern) fonts, and dvips with
> default (outline) fonts, the result looks very bad in ghostscript. The
> characters appear unclear and unequally sized. Only at magnifications
> of 4 and above, they become even.

I have had trouble with TeX output looking bad under GhostScript 8.14. See
bug #243785 -- I uploaded some samples of what it looks like for me.

My solution was to downgrade to GhostScript 7.07 by installing the package
gs-esp. GhostScript 8.50 is now out, too, but I haven't tried it.

Good luck,

Reid